Procanicare Gut Support for Dogs
Lactobacillus bacteria in Procanicare™ is clinically proven to:
· Improve stool consistency ¹ ³
· Promote your dog’s well-being & ‘good’ bacteria ²
The only gut bacteria support product developed from ‘good’ bacteria found in healthy dogs.
ONLINE OFFER: 25% off all Procanicare orders. Buy 2+ for free shipping
Please note: Procanicare should be placed in a refrigerator as soon as it is received. Short periods without refrigeration (such as during shipping) will not adversely impact the product.
£21.73 – £31.04
COMPLEMENTARY FEED FOR DOGS
Procanicare™ is a complementary feed designed specially for dogs using 3 canine strains of live Lactobacillus bacteria isolated from healthy dogs.
Clinically proven—In scientific studies in dogs, Procanicare™ Lactobacillus bacteria have been shown to improve stool consistency ¹
Whenever GI Support is needed, Procanicare™ supports a dog’s gut flora by reducing ‘bad’ bacteria and by helping a dog’s own ‘good’ bacteria grow.
Procanicare may also be helpful in dogs that are:
- Changing diets or taking antibiotics, which can upset the balance in a dog’s gut flora
- Travelling or staying in kennels, which can contribute to a ‘stress gut’
- Older or have sensitive tummies, as these dogs often have fewer beneficial Lactobacillus bacteria
- Pregnant or lactating females, to maintain a healthy gut flora
In common with many dogs in the area my 16 year old Westie succumbed to a particularly nasty Diarrhoea and Vomiting bug earlier this year. Although she recovered from the illness, her appetite was very much reduced (despite our best efforts to tempt her with her favourite fresh chicken and fish!)
When I discovered that there was a product which was developed specifically for dogs using canine bacteria I decided to give it a go. Tali was given Procanicare for a month; within 2 weeks of starting the course we saw a marked improvement in her appetite, and by the time the course was finished her feeding habits were back to normal.
Directions for use (Administration and dosage)
Sprinkle the powder on to your dog’s food or dissolve in liquid for drinking.
Composition: Maltodextrin, calcium carbonate.
Lactobacillus fermentum NCIMB 41636,
Lactobacillus plantarum NCIMB 41638,
Lactobacillus rhamnosus NCIMB 41640.
Fermented in pasteurised milk with a total minimum 3×1011 CFU/kg.
- Procanicare™ can be stored at room temperature (between 8°C and 25°C) for up to 6 months; short periods without refrigeration (such as during shipping) will not adversely impact the product.
- Procanicare™ is best stored unopened and refrigerated (< 8°C, but do not freeze). Procanicare should therefore be placed in a refrigerator as soon as it is received.
- Once opened, use Procanicare™ within 3 months.
- Close jar immediately after each use.
1. Gómez-Gallego C, Junnila J, Männikkö S, et al. A canine-specific probiotic product in treating acute or intermittent diarrhea in dogs: a double-blind placebo-controlled efficacy study. Vet Microbiol. 2016;197:122–128. 2. Beasley SS, Manninen TJ, Saris PE. Lactic acid bacteria isolated from canine faeces. J Appl Microbiol. 2006;101:131–138. 3. Manninen TJ, Rinkinen ML, Beasley SS, Saris PE. Alteration of the canine small-intestinal lactic acid bacterium microbiota by feeding of potential probiotics. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:6539–6543.
Procanicare™ can be stored at room temperature (between 8°C and 25°C) for up to 6 months; short periods without refrigeration (such as during shipping) will not adversely impact the product.
Procanicare™ is best stored unopened and refrigerated (< 8°C, but do not freeze). Procanicare should therefore be placed in a refrigerator as soon as it is received.
Dispatch of product may be delayed if ambient delivery temperatures are forecast to exceed product short term storage recommendations.
When will my order be dispatched?
Orders are usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days*.
We dispatch orders Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive a dispatch confirmation email from us with an order number.
In the event of an item being out of stock, we will contact you with the expected delivery time.
*Working day is Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
When will I receive my order?
Orders placed with FedEx will be received the next working day after dispatch
Orders placed with Royal Mail 1st Class will be received within 1 – 2 days of dispatch
Orders placed with Royal Mail 2nd Class will be received within 3 – 5 days of dispatch
How much does delivery cost?
We offer free delivery for orders over £35 to mainland UK**
All other orders are subject to the following delivery charges:
UK Mainland Royal Mail 2nd Class (up to 2kg):
Under £35 spend: £2.99
Over £35 spend: Free
UK Mainland Royal Mail 1st Class (up to 2kg):
Under £35 spend: £3.99
Over £35 spend: £3.99
UK Mainland (excluding highlands***) FedEx Express Delivery (Signature required):
Under £35 Spend: £6.99
Over £35 Spend: £6.99
**Some products can only be delivered via courier e.g. orders over 2kg, fridge lines, high risk medication and controlled drugs and therefore Royal Mail is not offered as a delivery option. For these lines there is a chargeable courier fee (FedEx Express Delivery) and a signature will be required on delivery.
***For any orders that require a courier delivery to the UK Highlands an additional charge will be included during the checkout process.
For medication orders that can be posted through your letterbox (e.g. non signed for orders) you must ensure that there will be no children or animals who could have access to the posted medication. The PharmPet Co accepts no liability in the event of another person(s) or animal(s) residing at or visiting the property gaining access to the posted medication.
For further information on our delivery charges please see our Delivery and Returns information page.